REQUIRED Initial Password and Authentication Set-up
- Navigate to https://myaccount.microsoft.com/
- Enter your RHIT email address and current password
- Click on the Security Info box to update your authentication options. EIT strongly recommends setting up a cell phone and PERSONAL email address. Do not use your RHIT email as your recovery email
- Click on "Overview" and then click "Change Password". Choose and update your password (see password requirements).
These processes have been established to help keep student accounts and personal information secure and are non-negotiable.
- Navigate to https://myaccount.microsoft.com/.
- After logging in using your current username and password, click your profile picture in the upper right corner
- Select "Profile". On your profile page, select "Change password."
If you forget your password, use the self-service password reset service. This service can be used once every 24 hours.
Go to https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com
- Enter your User ID, which is your Rose-Hulman email address
- Complete the captcha verification, and select Next to continue
- Select your desired contact method for verification
Text will send a verification code to your mobile phone number
Call will call your mobile phone number with an automated message with information on gaining account access
Email will send a verification code to your alternate email address
- Once you’ve completed the verification, enter a new password (see requirements)
- Select Finish
- Must contain a minimum of eight (8) characters and a maximum of 127
- Must not contain all or part of the user's account name
- Must contain characters from at least three of the following four categories:
English Uppercase characters (A-Z)
English Lowercase characters (a-z)
At least one number (0-9)
Non-alphanumeric characters (examples: @$#%^)
- Do not share your password with others
- Make your password unique to your environment and not easily predicted
- Create a different password for each online account. If you must write down your password, store it in a safe place away from your computer
- Change your password regularly