To change your Windows (computer) password(s), log in to your device using your current username and password.
If your machine has been re-imaged at the Service Desk, Service Desk personnel will provide you with the default password.
- Once Windows loads, press Ctrl-Alt-Delete and then click "Change a password".
- If changing the .\localmgr password, replace the contents of the first text box (which should default to <computer name>\<username>) with .\localmgr. Otherwise, skip this step.
- In the "Old Password" field, enter your current password.
- In the "New Password" field, enter your new password.
- Retype your password in the next field, then press enter.
If you need assistance with changing your password, please contact the EIT Service Desk at x8989 or email@example.com